United States service members and civilians deployed to Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, shared their team pride ahead of Super Bowl Sunday, in footage shared on February 10.
This footage, filmed by the Defense Visual Information Distribution Service (DVIDS), shows a number of workers at Camp Lemonnier sending messages to loved ones and expressing their team pride.
One officer, who introduces himself as lieutenant commander Patrick McCullough says, “I want to give a big shout out to my wife Julia, my mom Marsha and my sister Michelle, and all the Eagles fans across the world. Go birds!”.
According to DVIDS, Camp Lemonnier is an “operational installation that enables US, allied, and partner nation forces to be where and when they are needed to ensure security in Europe, Africa and Southwest Asia.” Credit: DVIDS via Storyful
– Hi. I’m CW4 Billy [? Solmo ?] with Task Force Wolfhound, Djibouti, Africa, Camp Lemonnier, from Brooklyn, New York. Go Philadelphia. With.
– Hi, Lieutenant Commander Patrick [? McCullough, ?] serving in the public works department here at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti. I want to give a big shout-out to my wife, Julia; my mom, [? Marcia; ?] my sister, [? Michelle; ?] and all the Eagles fans across the world. Go, Birds!
– God bless you. Praise the Lord. I am Chaplain Dwayne Hardy here at Camp Lemonnier. I am the division chaplain here. Go, Eagles! Fly, Eagles, fly on the road to victory. 1, 2, 3, E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles! By way of Philadelphia, I live in Richmond, Virginia. Again, fly, Eagles, fly.
– Hey, my name is [? Kiana ?] Louis. I’m out here in Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti. I want to shout-out to my mom, my dad, my brother, my sis, all my family. [HANDCLAP] I love y’all. I miss y’all so much.
I’m hailing from Lumberton, New Jersey, Eagles country. So, obviously, I’m going for the Birds. Let’s go, Birds. Shout out Jalen Hurts, too.
– Hey, everybody. My name is Major Mike Brennan, here at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, giving a shout-out to all my family and friends in Chicago, Illinois. And may the best team win.