INQUEST is a small organisation that punches well above its weight. Opportunities to join our dynamic team are detailed below.
Below are the current vacancies at INQUEST. If you would like to be kept in the loop about other future opportunities, subscribe to our newsletter and social media for updates.
INQUEST is an accredited London Living Wage employer.
Family Reference Group members and Family members of the Board of Trustees
INQUEST is inviting family members who have previously worked with us to join our Board of Trustees and/or Family Reference Group in the following voluntary positions.
Charity trustees are the people who share ultimate responsibility for governing a charity and directing how it is managed and run.
The current INQUEST board of trustees would like to welcome two new members from the community of families that INQUEST has worked with over the last four decades.
One of the roles will also sit on the Family Reference Group and will help facilitate better connection between the board of trustees and the Family Reference Group – who we hope will have a joint meeting at least once a year.
Family reference group members
The INQUEST Family Reference Group (FRG) is made up of people directly affected by a contentious death, and supports and contributes to our work from a family perspective.
There are a range of different roles as part of the FRG, which involve working closely with staff at INQUEST. These are:
- Two roles focused on the building solidarity and connection aspects of family engagement work, such as the connection café, facilitation.
- Two roles focused on the policy and campaigning aspects of family engagement work, e.g., parliamentary engagement, coronial reform.
- Two roles focused on the 40 years of INQUEST project.
See more information in the full recruitment pack below.
- Have received casework support from INQUEST.
- Be at least six months post–inquest and have had their cases closed by the casework team.
- Be committed to INQUEST’s organisational development.
- Be willing and able to attend meetings in-person and online.
- Be willing and able to engage with projects and activities between meetings.
- Be willing to engage with available training and upskilling opportunities.
- We will be holding an online information event on Zoom on Thursday 23rd of February from 6pm – 7:30pm. This is an opportunity to hear from current Trustees and Family Reference Group (FRG) members, as well as gain an understanding of the organisation. Sign up here.
- The deadline for applications is 1pm on 13th March. Please read the full role description/s and criteria and return completed application forms to [email protected], with the title of the role/s you are applying for in the subject heading.
- If you have been shortlisted for the Trustee position, you will be called to an interview on Thursday 23rd of March.
- Interviews for the Family Reference Group will follow in April once Trustee positions have been appointed.
RECRUITMENT PACK APPLICATION FORM